Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach.
- We have been in business for 15 years, and have grown every year.
- Unlike many firms, we develop web applications using both Microsoft and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl) platforms, depending on the needs of the project. Developers have the ability to cross-train and work on projects in both environments.
- We are active in the Drupal community. Team members are encouraged to contribute to the Drupal project, present at conferences, and participate in DrupalCon.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and usually (although not always) have 40-hour work weeks.
- Team members have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the business that interest them, and are encouraged to be entrepreneurial. (If you want to be involved on a particular project, we'll find a way to get you involved.)
- Developers work with three LCD monitors, the latest hardware and software, and have both Windows and MacOS environments for development and testing.
- We support continuing education and certification. If you are studying for an approved certification program, we will help pay for your self-study materials and reimburse the cost of certification exams when you pass them.
- Our office is located in the heart of sunny Los Angeles in walkable Koreatown, just one block from the Purple Line Subway, Wilshire/Western stop.
- We offer coffee service, water service, and snacks in the office.
- We encourage team members to practice writing and enhance their visibility in the technical community by publishing articles on our technical blog.
- Most offices have floor-to-ceiling windows, with views of the Hollywood Hills or downtown Los Angeles.
- Twice each month we have catered Lunch 'n Learn Friday lunches. Recent topics have included: Drupal module development tips; Introduction to Drupal 7; Anatomy of an online course; Server virtualization; Using Drush for Drupal automation; Introduction to iPhone development; Firefox plug-ins for developers; Microsoft SSIS; .Net Framework; podcasting; Common CSS problems; Linux CLI tips and tricks.
- We have regular code review sessions where developers have an opportunity to learn from their peers in a collaborative environment.
- Because we have a diversity of projects -- both large and small -- team members have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of different types of assignments, and projects change every few months.
- We are anti-bureaucratic. You can chat with the CEO and CTO by walking into their offices at any time.
- We have a clearly-defined project management methodology and case/bug management system. We may be the most organized environment in which you've ever worked. (If we're not, then we can learn from you!)
- When possible, we promote from within the company.
- We offer 100% employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance.
- We offer free public transit passes, or a transit stipend if you can walk or bike.
- We offer a 401K plan with an employer match, and encourage you to invest in your future.
- We have regular social events. In the last 12 months, we had four evening social gatherings, a family night at Dodger Stadium, and a holiday party at Biergarten.
We always have room for the perfect candidate. If you think we're a good fit for your skills, please email a personal, thoughtful, and compelling cover letter (the letter is what really catches our attention), a resume (in either text or PDF formats strongly preferred), and a relevant work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you take the time to do these things, we guarantee that you will receive a personal response to your employment inquiry.
Thanks for your interest in working at Urban Insight.