We provide complete Drupal consulting services for mid-size to large organizations including:
- Strategic planning and needs assessment
- Drupal technical architecture
- Selecting the best hosting platform
- Drupal Development
- Drupal information architecture, usability
- Drupal graphic design and theming
- Custom module development
- Search engine optimization
- Drupal training
Examples of our work
- Drupal for Legal Aid Websites: We built and maintain the Drupal for Legal Aid Websites (DLAW) distribution, a content management platform used by a quarter of the nation's legal aid organizations.
- OpenAdvocate: Urban Insight built and operates OpenAdvocate, a hosted web publishing service built using DLAW.
- USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism: In collaboration with the University of Southern California, we developed and maintain the Annenberg Social News Platform, a distribution of Drupal designed for powerful modern journalism websites.
- Planetizen: Urban Insight is the technical and editorial team behind the world's most popular urban planning website, Planetizen. The site is built on Drupal, and serves 25,000 daily visitors.
- Planetizen Courses: Urban Insight offers video courses to the professional urban planning community by integrating Drupal and Brightcove video hosting.
Drupal & Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Drupal Association Member and an Acquia Gold Partner.
- In 2005, we donated to improve Drupal's hardware and hosting infrastructure.
- Urban Insight has seven years of experience working with the Drupal framework.
- Urban Insight is a mature technology consulting firm with a clearly defined requirements-gathering, development, quality assurance and training process.
- Urban Insight is active in the Drupal community and has contributed numerous patches, modules, and case studies to the Drupal project.
- Urban Insight has successfully completed more than 50 consulting engagements using Drupal over the last seven years.
- Urban Insight has expertise beyond Drupal, including with interface design, systems architecture, hosting, and third-party systems integration.
- We understand that Drupal is a tool. We can help you evaluate which parts of Drupal will work well for you, and which may not.
What is Drupal?
Drupal (pronounced /'dru-pal/) is a popular, flexible, free and open source framework and content management system. It is used to power many different types of websites, ranging from small personal blogs to large corporate and political sites.
The standard release of Drupal contains basic features common to most content management systems; however, Drupal was designed to allow new features through the creation of additional modules. For this reason, Drupal is often described as a Content Management Framework. There are now more than 1,000 modules that provide a wide assortment of features such as e-commerce, workflow management, banner advertising, photo sharing, mailing list management, internationalization, community building, social networking, and collaboration.
We Use Drupal
We don't just consult about Drupal; we use it ourselves. We provide consulting services to help you design and develop your Drupal website. And we use Drupal to operate Planetizen, the most popular community urban planning network website in the US and Canada, Planetizen, with several million of visitors annually. We understand the challenges in not only developing but also operating and maintaining a hugely popular and high-traffic Drupal website.