Research shows that poor planning is the reason 90% of website projects are over-budget or fail. We can help you to ask the right questions.
A key question in your project planning is what technology to use. You may not know because you don’t have time to do the research, or for other reasons. You may need an advisor to help you sort through the technologies available to find the one that is right for you. Expert advice at the beginning of a project can save you money and time. Urban Insight provides strategic advice in identifying requirements, upgrading existing technology, planning a large technology project, and identifying an appropriate platform and technical architecture for your website, intranet or online community.
Our services include:
- Strategic technology consulting
- Request for proposal (RFP) development
- Requirements gathering
- Technical architecture design and validation
- Technical project management
- Content management system selection
- Security consulting
- Data mining and reporting
- Website analytics reporting and analysis
Some examples of recent consulting engagements include:
- Design and implement independent usability testing and Section 508 audit for a new state department of transportation transit wayfinding application.
- Provide technical project management for a three-year, state funded technology initiative to integrate Los Angeles County workforce development information systems.
- Gather requirements , develop an RFP, and establish a selection process to retain a consultant for an enterprise database system and data warehouse.
- Develop a requirements document for a new corporate intranet, including selection of software and development tools.
- Create a detailed community technology assessment (a draft "technology element" for a general plan) and methodology based on 120 specific criteria which track the growth of the Internet economy. Produce a concise report with specific recommendations for technology improvement.