Are you an experienced project manager looking to find a professionally-rewarding environment where you are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We're seeking an experienced, sharp digital project manager to join our team in sunny Los Angeles, CA to help develop web applications, sites and tools for higher education, non-profits, urban planning, museums, and legal services. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients make the world a better place.
Work as part of a team that typically includes a digital project manager, strategist, engineers, designer, and quality assurance specialist to build responsive websites and occasionally mobile apps.
- Work directly with clients to help them achieve their goals.
- Guide clients through our documented planning, design, implementation, quality assurance and launch process.
- Manage several concurrent projects; some large, some small.
- Create requirements documents, project documentation, and other deliverables.
- Manage project schedule, budget, and scope.
- Participate in and lead weekly team meetings.
- Manage teams of 2-5 people.
- Minimum of three years web project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree (any field).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Comfortable meeting with and communicating directly with clients.
- Ability to prepare concise and clear professional memos and documentation.
- Current knowledge of trends in Web development and usability.
- Experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with social media, strong writing, or marketing is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Availability to work in our Los Angeles office.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 20 team members.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us.
- We help our clients with beautiful and flexible websites and applications. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design and technical best-practices.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
- We plan, design and create innovative websites, and we often use open source web content management systems like Drupal and Wordpress
- We design and develop custom applications using tools like Angular, node.js, Stripe, PHP, Javsacript, Bootstrap and MysQL.
- We are one of the few agencies that know how to manage a technology project (one of our founders literally wrote a book on it). We employ a combination of waterfall (requirements and design) and agile (development) methodologies.
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- Average employee tenure is 7.2 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 18 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 95% of the time.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software, multiple monitors, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
- Enjoy premium coffee, filtered water and snacks while you work.
- We have regular catered Lunch & Learns on a variety of topics. Recent topics have included: Atomic theming patterns, Introduction to Adobe XD, Intro to AWS architecture, Drupal 8 Layouts and Landing pages.
- You may not need to drive. Our office is directly above the Metro Purple Line Normandie Station (and we’ll buy you a Metro pass).
- We have many training opportunities. If you seek to earn an approved certification, we'll pay for it once you earn it.
- There are many more reasons.
We offer a competitive salary, which depends quite a lot on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- LA Metro transit access card that allows you to ride everything that Metro owns, including Metro rail, Metro local buses, Metro Rapid buses, 24x7.
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation leave (after 60 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you think you might be interested in working with us, please send an introduction letter and resume in PDF or Text format (No Word documents, please) to email@example.com. A good introduction letter really gets our attention and guarantees a response. Please tell us why we'd be a good fit for your skills.