We're seeking an experienced, sharp digital project manager to join our team to help develop web applications, sites and tools for higher education, non-profits, urban planning, museums, and legal services. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients make the world a better place.
Work as part of a team that typically includes a digital project manager, strategist, engineers, designer, and quality assurance specialist to build responsive websites and mobile apps.
- Work directly with clients to help them achieve their goals
- Guide clients through the Urban Insight planning, design and development process.
- Represent Urban Insight in a professional manner.
- Manage several concurrent projects, some large, some small.
- Create requirements documents and project documentation.
- Manage project schedule, budget and scope.
- Participate in and lead weekly team meetings.
- Manage development, creative and quality assurance team members.
- Minimum of three years web project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree (any field).
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Comfortable meeting with and communicating directly with clients.
- Ability to prepare concise and clear professional memos and documentation.
- Current knowledge of trends in Web development and usability.
- Experience working with Drupal and/or WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Availability to work in our Los Angeles office.
About Urban Insight
Urban Insight ( https://www.urbaninsight.com ) is a Los Angeles-based web agency with 20 team members. We provide technology consulting and Drupal development services for the urban planning, higher education, nonprofit, and museum communities. We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
We are one of the few agencies that know how to manage a technology project (one of our founders literally wrote on the book on it). We employ a combination of waterfall (requirements and design) and agile (development) methodologies.
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We have many training opportunities, and we actively support training and certification.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 17 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and usually have 40-hour work weeks.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
- We offer free snacks, premium coffee and filtered water all day long.
- We have regular catered Lunch 'n Learns on a variety of topics. Recent topics have included: Introduction to Adobe XD, SEO with WooRank, Drupal 8 Layouts and Landing pages.
- You may not need to drive. Our office is directly above the Metro Purple Line Normandie Station.
- There are lots more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/employment
We offer a competitive salary, which depends quite a lot on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- LA Metro transit access card that allows you to ride everything that Metro owns, including Metro rail, Metro local buses, Metro Rapid buses, 24x7.
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation leave (after 60 days).
- Enjoy premium coffee, filtered water and snacks while you work.
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you think you might be interested in working with us, please send an introduction letter and resume in PDF or Text format (No Word documents, please) to [email protected]. A good introduction letter really gets our attention. Please tell us why we'd be a good fit for your skills.