We're seeking an experienced Full Stack .NET/C# Developer to join our team to help develop web applications, sites, and tools for higher education, urban planning, and museums. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients make the world a better place.
If you've been looking for an opportunity to branch out beyond the Windows stack, this could be a great opportunity for you. About 50% of the position is developing and supporting .NET web applications. The other 50% of the position will be an opportunity to extend your skillset with other development products like Drupal, PHP, Angular, and MySQL.
This position is primarily located in Los Angeles in the Koreatown (Wilshire/Normandie) area. After two years with Urban Insight, you can work from wherever in the world you'd like, as long as your workday overlaps with Pacific Time for 6 hours.
Some of our current projects include:
- Supporting an academic advising system.
- Creating an online video education website.
- Developing a website for one of the nation's leading museums.
- ASP.NET Webforms
- ASP.NET Core MVC
- Development and maintenance of .NET-based Windows services
- MS SQL Server and SSIS
- HTML/CSS, LESS or SASS
- 3-5 years of experience in a development role.
- You've worked successfully as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree, any field.
- Support, troubleshoot and extend .NET-based web applications.
- Help to plan, design and create websites and web applications.
- Write clear, concise documentation and case updates.
- Work as part of a team that typically includes a project manager, strategist, front-end and back-end engineers, designer, and Q/A specialist.
- Although we have a primary office in LA, we're also a partially distributed team. If you feel comfortable using tools like Slack, Zoom (web conferencing), and case tracking, you'll fit right in.
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving team member is to promote to Senior Web Developer (1-2 years), Engineer (1-2 years), Senior Engineer (2 years), and Director (2 years). Alternative career paths include roles in DevOps, project management, or technical architecture.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight ( https://www.urbaninsight.com ) is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 20 team members.
- We're the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us.
- We help our clients beautiful and flexible websites and applications. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design, and technical best practices.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
- We plan, design and create innovative websites, and we often use open source web content management systems like Drupal and Wordpress.
- We are one of the few agencies that know how to manage a technology project (one of our founders literally wrote a book on it). We employ a combination of waterfall (requirements and design) and agile (development) methodologies.
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We have many training opportunities, and we actively support training and certification.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- Average employee tenure is 7.2 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 18 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and usually have 40-hour work weeks.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
- We offer free snacks, premium coffee, and filtered water all day long.
- We have regular catered Lunch & Learns on a variety of topics. Recent topics have included: Atomic theming patterns, Introduction to Adobe XD, Intro to AWS architecture, Drupal 8 Layouts and Landing pages.
- You may not need to drive. Our office is directly above the Metro Purple Line Normandie Station, and we'll buy you an annual Metro pass.
- There are lots more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a competitive salary, which depends quite a lot on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Vision insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- LA Metro transit access card that allows you to ride everything that Metro owns, including Metro rail, Metro local buses, Metro Rapid buses, 24x7.
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation leave (after 60 days).
- Enjoy premium coffee, filtered water, and snacks while you work.
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you think you might be interested in working with us, please send a letter of introduction and resume in PDF or Text format (No Word documents, please) to email@example.com.
A good introduction letter really gets our attention. Please tell us why we'd be a good fit for your skills.