Are you looking for a professionally-rewarding environment where you continue to learn and grow while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We always have room for the perfect candidate.
If you think we're a good fit for your skills, and don't see the right open position listed, please email a personal, thoughtful, and compelling cover letter (the letter is what really catches our attention), a resume (PDF), and a relevant work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY WORK AT URBAN INSIGHT?
Here are some of the benefits that make working at Urban Insight a unique and rewarding professional opportunity.
- We take on cutting-edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach.
- We have been in business for 20 years, and have grown every year.
- We develop primarily on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack, and encourage our clients to open source projects when possible.
- We offer a remote work policy. After two years in our LA office, choose to work partially or fully remote.
- We are active in the Drupal community. Team members are encouraged to contribute to the Drupal project, present at conferences, and participate in DrupalCon.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and usually (although not always) have 40-hour work weeks.
- Each team member receives a customized 6-month training plan upon joining.
- Each technical team member receives an annual training plan and mentorship to continue their technical growth.
- Team members have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the business that interest them and are encouraged to be entrepreneurial. (If you want to be involved in a particular project, we'll find a way to get you involved.)
- Developers work with three LCD monitors, the latest hardware and software, and have MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android environments for development and testing.
- We are platform agnostic. You pick your primary development platform (MacOS, Windows, Linux).
- We support continuing education and certification. If you are studying for an approved certification program, we will help pay for your self-study materials and reimburse the cost of certification exams when you pass them.
- We have subscriptions to several self-study online resources and encourage team members to use them.
- Our office is located in the heart of sunny Los Angeles in walkable Koreatown, directly above the Wilshire/Normandie Metro Purple Line Subway stop.
- We offer premium coffee service, filtered water, and snacks in the office all day long.
- Most offices have floor-to-ceiling windows, with views of downtown to Marina del Rey.
- If you like to teach, we produce courses for Planetizen Courses in our own video studio.
- We have weekly events to encourage participation (remote, post-Covid). These include:
- Lightning Demos, where four team members each present for 5 minutes on a topic about which they are passionate.
- Developer Lunch & Learns. These are in-depth sessions for developers to focus on a specific topic and learn from peers. Sometimes these are programming challenges.
- Game Night, where you compete against your peers for bragging rights.
- Happy Hour, to catch up with your colleagues. (On-hold during Covid.)
- We have regular code review sessions where developers have an opportunity to learn from their peers in a collaborative environment.
- Because we have a diversity of projects -- both large and small -- team members have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of different types of assignments, and projects change every few months.
- We are anti-bureaucratic. You can chat with the CEO and COO by Slacking or scheduling a zoom meeting.
- We have a clearly-defined project management methodology and case management system. We strive to be the most organized environment in which you've ever worked. (If we're not, then we can learn from you!)
- When possible, we promote from within the company.
- When you start, we have a week-long orientation to introduce you to our tools and what you'll need to know to be successful.
- (Pre-Covid) We have regular social events, like family night at Dodger Stadium or LA Galaxy Stadium, happy hours, and a holiday party.
- We offer employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance.
- We offer a 401K plan with an employer match and encourage you to invest in your future.