We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach.
We always have room for the perfect candidate.
If you think we're a good fit for your skills, please email a personal, thoughtful, and compelling cover letter (the letter is what really catches our attention), a resume (text or PDF formats strongly preferred), and a relevant work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you take the time to do these things, we guarantee that you will receive a personal response to your employment inquiry.
Thanks for your potential interest in working at Urban Insight.
WHY WORK AT URBAN INSIGHT?
Here are some of the benefits that make working at Urban Insight a unique and rewarding professional opportunity.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach.
- We have been in business for 17 years, and have grown every year.
- We develop primarily on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack, and encourage our clients to open source projects when possible.
- We are active in the Drupal community. Team members are encouraged to contribute to the Drupal project, present at conferences, and participate in DrupalCon.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and usually (although not always) have 40-hour work weeks.
- Team members have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of the business that interest them, and are encouraged to be entrepreneurial. (If you want to be involved on a particular project, we'll find a way to get you involved.)
- Developers work with three LCD monitors, the latest hardware and software, and have MacOS, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android environments for development and testing.
- We are platform agnostic. You pick your primary development platform (MacOS, Windows, Linux).
- We support continuing education and certification. If you are studying for an approved certification program, we will help pay for your self-study materials and reimburse the cost of certification exams when you pass them.
- We have subscriptions to several self-study online resources, and encourage team members to use them.
- Our office is located in the heart of sunny Los Angeles in walkable Koreatown, directly above the Wilshire/Normandie Metro Purple Line Subway stop.
- We offer premium coffee service, filtered water, and snacks in the office all day long.
- We encourage team members to practice writing and enhance their visibility in the technical community by publishing articles on our technical blog.
- Most offices have floor-to-ceiling windows, with views of downtown to Marina del Rey.
- If you like to teach, we produce courses for Planetizen Courses in our own video studio.
- Four times each month we have catered Lunch 'n Learns. One of these is of general interest, the other is for developers, covering technical and programming topics. Recent topics have included: Drupal module development tips; Branding Principles, Introduction to Drupal 8; Typography best practices; DrupalCon Wrap-up; Server virtualization; Using Drush for Drupal automation; Introduction to iOS development; Microsoft SSIS; .Net Framework; New CSS tools; Linux CLI tips and tricks.
- We have regular code review sessions where developers have an opportunity to learn from their peers in a collaborative environment.
- Because we have a diversity of projects -- both large and small -- team members have the opportunity to be exposed to a wide range of different types of assignments, and projects change every few months.
- We are anti-bureaucratic. You can chat with the CEO and CTO by walking into their offices at any time.
- We have a clearly-defined project management methodology and case management system. We strive to be the most organized environment in which you've ever worked. (If we're not, then we can learn from you!)
- When possible, we promote from within the company.
- When you start, we have a week-long orientation to introduce you to our tools and what you'll need to know to be successful.
- We have regular social events, like family night at Dodger Stadium or LA Galaxy Stadium, happy hours, and a holiday party.
- We offer employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance.
- We offer a a free LA Metro transit access card that allows you to ride everything that Metro owns, including Metro rail, Metro local buses, Metro Rapid buses, 24x7.
- We offer a 401K plan with an employer match, and encourage you to invest in your future.