Are you an experienced full-stack developer looking for a professionally-rewarding environment where you continue to learn and are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We're seeking an experienced, sharp full-stack web engineer to join our team in sunny Los Angeles to help develop websites and web apps for mission-focused organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients make the world a better place.
This position is primarily located in Los Angeles. After 2 years, team members have the option to work partially or fully remote.
- Work as part of a team of 3-6 people that typically includes a technical project manager, engineers, designers, and quality assurance specialist to build responsive websites and web applications.
- Help to plan, design and create websites, using open source web content management systems like Drupal and WordPress.
- Help to design and create web applications using Angular, React, PHP and MySQL.
- Although we have a primary office in LA, we’re also a partially distributed team. If you feel comfortable using tools like Slack, Zoom (web conferencing), and case tracking, you’ll fit right in.
- Write clear, concise documentation and case updates.
- 3+ years experience with Drupal, WordPress, Symfony, Angular or React.
- 3+ years of experience with PHP and MySQL.
- Experience building websites with Drupal, WordPress or Angular.
- Experience with Git.
- Strong understanding of mobile-first design.
- Experience with REST / JSON API development and connectivity is a plus.
- Flexible to work on multiple projects within a given week.
- Bachelor’s degree, any field.
- You’ve worked successfully as part of a team.
- Availability to work in our Los Angeles office. (After 2 years, team members have the option to work partially or fully remote.)
Your Career Path
The position offers multiple career paths within Urban Insight. The most likely career path for a high-achieving technical team member is Developer, Senior Developer, Engineer, Senior Engineer, and Director. Alternative career paths include roles in project management or technical architecture.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 22 team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, like LACMA, The Broad, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us: https://clutch.co/profile/urban-insight
- We help our clients with beautiful and flexible websites and web apps. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design, and technical best practices.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
- We plan, design and create innovative websites, and we often use open source web content management systems like Drupal and Wordpress.
- We are one of the few agencies that know how to manage a technology project (one of our founders literally wrote a book on it). We employ a combination of waterfall (requirements and design) and agile (development) methodologies.
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 7.6 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 18 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We offer a remote work policy. After two years in our LA office, choose to work partially or fully remote.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 95% of the time.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software, multiple monitors, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
- Enjoy premium coffee, filtered water, and snacks while you work.
- We have regular catered Lunch & Learns on a variety of topics. Recent topics have included: Atomic theming patterns, Developing in Angular, Introduction to Adobe XD, Intro to AWS architecture, Drupal 8 Layouts and Landing pages.
- You may not need to drive. Our office is directly above the Metro Purple Line Normandie Station (and we’ll buy you a Metro pass).
- We have many training opportunities. If you seek to earn an approved certification, we'll pay for it once you earn it.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a competitive salary, which depends on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- LA Metro transit access card that allows you to ride everything that Metro owns, including Metro rail, Metro local buses, Metro Rapid buses, 24x7.
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation leave (after 60 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you think you might be interested in working with us, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. A good introduction letter really gets our attention and guarantees a response. Help us understand why we'd be a good fit to work together.
Thank you for considering Urban Insight.