Are you an experienced project manager looking for a professionally-rewarding environment where you continue to learn and are supported by your peers while you help build meaningful projects for appreciative clients?
We're seeking an experienced, sharp technical project manager to join our team in sunny Los Angeles to help develop websites and web apps for mission-focused organizations like museums, universities, nonprofits, and cities. Join a supportive team that values your contribution, and where we work together to help our clients make the world a better place.
This position is primarily located in Los Angeles. After 2 years, team members have the option to work partially or fully remote.
- Work as part of a team of 3-6 people that typically includes a technical project manager, engineers, designers, and quality assurance specialist to build responsive websites and web applications.
- Work directly with clients to help them achieve their goals.
- Guide clients through our documented planning, design, implementation, quality assurance, and launch process.
- Participate in and lead weekly team meetings.
- Create requirements documents, technical specifications, project schedules, project documentation, and other deliverables.
- Manage project schedule, budget, and scope.
- Evaluate new technology frameworks and systems.
- Maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive technology experience.
- Minimum one year of direct development or programming experience.
- Previous experience working at a digital agency or consulting firm.
- Strong technical proficiency in Drupal or WordPress architecture.
- Ability to prepare concise and clear professional memos and documentation.
- Availability to work in our Los Angeles office. (After 2 years, team members have the option to work partially or fully remote.)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
About Urban Insight
- Urban Insight is a Los Angeles-based digital agency with 22 team members. https://www.urbaninsight.com/
- We work with some of LA’s best-known institutions, like LACMA, The Broad, University of Southern California, City of Los Angeles, and the Japanese American National Museum.
- We’re the top-ranked Web development and Drupal agency in Los Angeles, according to Clutch, an independent analyst. Have a look at what our clients say about us: https://clutch.co/profile/urban-insight
- We help our clients with beautiful and flexible websites and web apps. We do this by providing strong project leadership, honest advice, thoughtful design, and technical best practices.
- We take on cutting edge, challenging projects for appreciative clients, and have a supportive and team-based approach to projects.
- We plan, design and create innovative websites, and we often use open source web content management systems like Drupal and Wordpress.
- We are one of the few agencies that know how to manage a technology project (one of our founders literally wrote a book on it). We employ a combination of waterfall (requirements and design) and agile (development) methodologies.
Why Work At Urban Insight?
- We take on interesting, meaningful projects for appreciative clients.
- We work with you to create a career path that works for you.
- The average employee tenure is 7.6 years.
- We're stable. We've been in business for 18 years, and continue to grow each year.
- We offer a casual and flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
- We offer a remote work policy. After two years in our LA office, choose to work partially or fully remote.
- We believe in a reasonable life/work balance and enjoy 40-hour work weeks 95% of the time.
- Team members work with the latest hardware and software, multiple monitors, and can choose their primary OS (Win/Mac/Linux), and have the other environments available for dev/testing.
- Enjoy premium coffee, filtered water, and snacks while you work.
- We have regular catered Lunch & Learns on a variety of topics. Recent topics have included: Atomic theming patterns, Developing in Angular, Introduction to Adobe XD, Intro to AWS architecture, Drupal 8 Layouts and Landing pages.
- You may not need to drive. Our office is directly above the Metro Purple Line Normandie Station (and we’ll buy you a Metro pass).
- We have many training opportunities. If you seek to earn an approved certification, we'll pay for it once you earn it.
- There are many more reasons: https://www.urbaninsight.com/careers
We offer a competitive salary, which depends quite a lot on your qualifications and experience. Our salary package includes:
- Health insurance (95% employer-paid).
- Dental insurance (95% employer-paid).
- LA Metro transit access card that allows you to ride everything that Metro owns, including Metro rail, Metro local buses, Metro Rapid buses, 24x7.
- Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match (after 60 days).
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation leave (after 60 days).
- Performance and compensation reviews annually.
If you think you might be interested in working with us, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A good introduction letter really gets our attention and guarantees a response. Help us understand why we'd be a good fit to work together.
Thank you for considering Urban Insight.